Thursday, February 25, 2010

Secret #16

I have probably 5-10 blog posts that I haven't published, just saved in my dashboard, which remain unpublished for various reasons.

Some I just can't think of how I want to phrase them. Some I have written out completely, but it just isn't the right time to post them. Some I started to write, but then went back and realized it was total garbage, but I can't bring myself to delete all that hard work. And some I thought about the fact that I wanted to write them, jotted down the general idea, but I just can't bring myself to actually write them out.

I've thought a lot about what the hardest thing to leave behind will be when I'm on my mission. I've thought of books, my movies, my music, my friends, my family, my shoe collection, my non-missionary clothes, my phone, my computer, etc...but I think I've got it figured out. I think it will be the fact that I won't be able to call my mom, whenever I want, to tell her something, to ask her a question, or just to talk. I'll miss her. Going on a mission will be worth it, but that doesn't make it any easier to leave it behind.

No comments: