Friday, June 26, 2009

Fashion Notification!

Maybe I'm just not as up-to-date in fashion as I should be.

But I really don't understand this:



Scarves. I understand scarves in the winter: when it's cold outside. But I keep seeing people wearing scarves, now...in June. Yesterday I saw a girl wearing a scarf. It was about 93 degrees yesterday. I think my favorite part was when she took it off as soon as she got inside the air-conditioned building.

Is there something I'm missing? Could this be one of those things that no one ever told me about? Or perhaps we're taking some small advice from Middle Eastern people, who always wear long sleeves and pants and head coverings when it's hot.

I guess now that I think about it, the most fashionable things aren't always the most practical ideas. E.G. Leg warmers (who wants to put more clothes on their legs while working out?), dog clothes (they've already got fur, and they're not people), string bikinis (not good for use in actual swimming), bangs that cover your eyes (usually, it's useful to see), etc. The list goes on and on.

I guess it's a good thing I'm so practical.

No comments: