Sunday, March 29, 2009

Really?

So, sometimes I wonder who makes ads, and more importantly, who approves the ads they make. For example:

There's a thing called "Choose to Give" at BYU. Basically what it is, you give money which goes back to other students who are struggling financially. That's a pretty worthy cause, right? Sure. So, they have tons of ads all over campus for the whole week that they're advertising, and sometimes they have some pretty good stuff. However, this year, epic fail. Are you ready for it? Here it is.



Let's think about this for a second. "Are you struggling financially?" Ok, maybe this will be an ad for a job, or some way to make money. Oh no. Pretty much, we get, "You don't have any money? Great! Take that money that you DON'T have, and give it to someone else, who also doesn't have money!" That just doesn't seem like the smartest way to go about doing this. I don't know if it's just me, but even though I'm not necessarily struggling financially, I didn't want to give any money, just because of this ad.

*Side note: I swear this isn't me being selfish or anything. I do understand that there are students in need, and I would like to help them. This post is about people who don't know how to make ads. That's it.

No comments: