Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fruit

Everyone knows, or at least should know (and if you don't know, you're about to find out) that the white part on the orange (between the orange part on the peel) is the part that is the best for you. It's got the most vitamins and what not. Most people peel this part off, because it doesn't necessarily have the best taste. Or any taste, for that matter. However, as of late, I've been making an effort to leave any white stuff left on my orange after I've peeled it. I figure it's my attempt to be healthy. Or something.

The other morning, as I was eating my breakfast, I was thinking about this idea that the part that no one likes to eat and that everyone always picks off is the best part for you. And it got me to thinking...does that mean that we should eat the stringy things on bananas? I hate those things! What other parts of fruits don't we eat? The cores of apples? The stems of strawberries? The green part of cantaloupe? What nutrition are we missing out on? This could be the solution to all our problems...just a thought.

3 comments:

Chase Murdock said...

haha clever

Michael said...

Awesome! That makes me feel so much healthier now...even if it's not necessarily rude, because I eat the white part on oranges, the stringy part on bananas, the cores of apples, AND the green part on cantaloupes! Hopefully they won't find out that they're unhealthy, otherwise I'll die.

Unknown said...

I eat apple cores, strawberry stems, watermelon seeds, cherry pits, and pear cores, and I'm not dead yet.