Monday, August 11, 2008

Hurt

This may sound slightly creepy. But I read, daily, the blog of a person I do not know. He's a friend of a friend, but I find his blog to be inspiring, humorous, stirring, along with a plethora of other things. However, his recent posts have been filled with sadness. From what I can gather, he has been dating a girl who he really liked, and who recently broke up with him. His very latest blog post talks about what happened and how he's dealing with it. He's hurting a lot. I know that there are many of us who have experienced this set of emotions and circumstances, myself included. But I also know that when you are going through that, nothing can help you.

I do not know this person. But I find myself so sad for him. I really feel a deep emotion and connection to him, and I wish that I could find him and just hug him, tell him that everything is going to be okay, even though it doesn't feel like it's going to be. I'm sure that if I ever saw him and tried to do this, he would think I was a complete freak, but I just wish that I could. I wonder what it is about our human nature that makes us (or at least me) feel this way about a complete stranger. Not that I dislike it, I actually think that somehow I am, in some small way, showing a Christlike quality in my own life. Not that I'm trying to show it off, but if I think about it, that's what it seems like to me. I love the blessing of love in our lives. I feel like I have felt in a small part, the love that Christ has for each one of us. Except that He knows each of us so personally. I love that he finds a way to make it so that I can love a complete stranger.

We are so blessed.

No comments: