Friday, August 29, 2008

Boyz II Men

Tonight I went to a Boyz II Men concert on a date. I think it's safe to say that I was pretty excited about the date himself, and the concert was just the venue in which I would be spending my time with him, not paying much attention to anything else that would be going on. I had never really heard any of their music before, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was fairly similar to something like N*Sync or Backstreet Boys, but it was still very entertaining, especially seeing him singing all the words to every song. I told him he should run up to the front screaming like a little girl, but he didn't think that was a very good idea. I did convince him to blow them a kiss, but he would only do it if I blocked him so that no one else could see.

The important part about this post is that I had a really really good time tonight. The weird thing is that I had heard that this particular guy was weird or what not, from some girls in the ward (who aren't very trustworthy, but for some odd reason I believed them). Well, I saw him on Sunday and he taught the Sunday School lesson and I was very impressed. So, that night, we started chatting on Facebook, and I decided that maybe he wasn't so weird as they had previously described (or maybe he is weird and I like that...which is very possible). Anyways, I talked to him just about every night after that, until our date tonight, where we finally got to really hang out and talk in person. He was great fun! He's so funny, and we seem to have a lot in common.

In summary, I do like him, I've decided. I guess we'll see where this goes. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone who doesn't complain all the time and isn't pessimistic about everything (no names will be mentioned, but lately that's all I've been hearing from a certain guy friend of mine. It's gotten really old, really fast). He is happy and optimistic and just a great guy.

I love life. :)

No comments: