Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthdays

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 2-0. I'm no longer a teenager. I feel so different. (I realize that sarcasm is hard to relay through text, so I'll just throw out there that I was being facetious) Anyways, I've thought a lot lately about all the hype about birthdays. I always get really excited about my birthday, but then like a week before, I realize that I have no reason to be excited. See, I hate planning my own birthday. I hate it. I never really know what I want to do, I just want to do something fun with my friends. But I refuse to plan it. So, what happens is because I have refused to plan anything, I do nothing. Every year. Usually the day after has some redeeming quality, usually because someone notices that my birthday totally sucked and they decide to figure out something for us to do.

In all honesty, I've always wanted a surprise party. But how do you go about telling someone that? You don't. If you tell them, the surprise is totally ruined. So, I suppose to all those who read this (which is inclusive of...no one), my birthday is on August 22, so you can throw me a surprise party next year. It would be greatly appreciated. Although, if you don't like planning surprise parties, just a party in general would be nice. As long as I don't have to plan it. :)

No comments: