Friday, June 17, 2011

The Exclamation Point

It's a tricky thing. Well...to some people.

I've always been very conservative in my exclamation point usage. Why? Because the exclamation point should really only be used when you would actually exclaim something.

Read this article, and you'll understand how I feel about the exclamation point. He says it way better than I could, plus he's already said it, so why should I say it again? Read it. Appreciate it.

Have you read it? Please read it before you continue. It'll make much more sense if you do.

Yes, it is ruining the world. People use it far too often. Whenever I read it, the upward inflection happens in my head. It's extremely irritating.

I once considered dating a guy who lived a few cities away. As a result, we spent a fair amount of time texting. However, I decided I didn't want to date him after about a day of this texting business. Why, you may ask? It was solely because he ended every sentence in every one of his texts with an exclamation point (also he was slightly creepy, but maybe the exclamation points played a part in that). It was brain melting to me. Every added exclamation point was like a nail being driven deeper and deeper into my head, killing me more and more.

I guess the moral of the story is, please reduce the use of your exclamation points by only using them when necessary. Please!

1 comment:

Stephen Anderson said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!1!!!1!! GIVE ME MOOOAAARRR!!!!!1!!