I love watching people.
Sometimes, though, I watch myself. I'll catch myself doing something, and wonder why in the world I'm doing it. Not that what I'm doing is stupid or bad, but quite often, it's strange. What are some of these quirks, you may ask?
1. I talk to myself. I know everyone does this, but I'm not quite sure if most other people do it to the extent that I do. Most people probably make statements to themselves (I can only assume what others do, because it's not often that I'm in someone else's head). I do the same, but then I find myself explaining my statements. To myself. As if I didn't already understand them.
For example, the other day I was in the shower, where I find I talk to myself the most. I took more shampoo than I needed, but used it anyway. Then I proceeded to explain to myself that people only ever do things on purpose or on accident, and then I tried to decide whether me taking too much shampoo was on purpose or on accident, only to decide that it was purposefully an accident. See, I'd meant to take too much (which will be discussed in a bit), but I didn't anticipate so much coming out of the bottle. An accident, only on purpose...I still don't think I've managed to figure this one out yet. However, that is your small insight into the workings of my mind.
Now, this explaining doesn't happen on a rare basis. It happens daily. Multiple times a day. But that's just me.
2. As mentioned earlier, I always take too much shampoo. I know how much I need, but for some reason, I always take and use more than that amount.
3. Whenever I go to open a door, if at all possible, I will use my left hand. Don't ask me why.
4. If I'm listening to music, or have a song going in my head, I play the song with my fingers, like I'm playing the piano. My mom used to call it my tic, and I've done it since I was in high school. I never think about it, until someone asks me what I'm doing, to which I usually respond along the lines of, "I'm playing...the...song...? Don't ask."
5. Sometimes, when I'm really concentrating, I drool. It usually happens when I'm playing the piano. I just get so focused, and then next thing I know...*slurp!* I usually catch myself before anyone notices, but it happens on fair occasion.
6. When I'm cold, I put my hands in my armpits. Most people think that it's weird, but I say it's effective! I know, it reminds people of the movie Superstar, and they expect me to start smelling my hands or something. But I don't really sweat that bad, nor do I like the smell of sweat/B.O., so that's not what I'm going for.
I love discovering these things about me. It's like, even though I've been living with me for almost 21 years now, there's still stuff that I don't know about me, or that I surprise myself with! Most people who know me know that I'm not very predictable. And now you know it's not just you I surprise; it's myself, too!
P.S. If you've noticed me doing things that I'm probably not thinking about, but that could potentially be amusing, you should tell me! Like I said, I love learning these things about me. :)