Monday, November 16, 2009

On Thanksgiving

I can tell it's about Thanksgiving time.

How?

It's not the Christmas decorations filling every store and building on campus.

It's not the Christmas music played by all my coworkers.

It's not the changing of the seasons from Fall to Winter.

It's not the falling leaves all around, or the frosty mornings, or the occasional snow fall.

It's not the irresistible urge to gorge myself on turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberries, corn, and pumpkin pie.

It's not the cornucopia of activities available for me to do (that was a play on words: double meaning right there).

It's not the ending of the Football season, nor the start of Basketball season.

It's the fact that I can't seem to bring myself to do any homework at all.

1 comment:

Hailee said...

BASKETBALL SEASON!!
At least there's one benefit of not starting school until January? Until the summer rolls around and I want to go swimming but have to do homework...