Sunday, October 11, 2009

I like to...

I attended a "home ward" today, and I realized something during the testimony meeting.

For 99% of children who get up and bear their testimony, each will say the exact same 6 words to start off the testimony.

When I was little though, I always thought we were supposed to say

"I like to bear my testimony."

Not

"I'd like to bear my testimony."

I don't know when it was that I realized that you were supposed to say the second instead of the first, but was I the only child who had this misconception?

2 comments:

Stephen Anderson said...

If it makes you feel better I didn't know what "bear" meant. I never really understood that line at all.

Hailee said...

No, I did too. And I thought it was "I like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true" instead of "that I know". But I always started that exact same way:)